Yesterday was my birthday! I am now proud to say that I have made 34 trips around the sun. Pretty cool journey we get to take each year, flying around in outer space. For my 35th years, I decided to make a list of 35 things to do before I turn 35. Here’s my list:
- Read a book a month. This should be easy since I have book club every month. If I keep up with the club, this will be complete! Note to self: must get this month’s book!
- Sign up for life insurance. Not to be morbid, or anything. But, yeah.
- Try a Barre3 class.
- Get a monthly massage. I would love to complete this goal, but I think it might be one of the less likely.
- Try acupuncture.
Get a haircut. I’m pretty much on a once yearly schedule, and my last haircut was last March.I did this right before my trip to California! I love it how the stylist thins out my hair. Feels so much lighter!
- Try 5 recipes from my new cookbook!
- Spend a weekend at the beach.
- Spend a weekend in the mountains.
- Can something. Maybe tomatoes, pizza sauce, green beans? What do you think, friends? I know I have some amazing canning friends!
- Get our garden going again. It has been sadly ignored since I’ve either been pregnant or living with a small baby for the past 3 summers.
- Focus on getting my Etsy shop going. Note: It has a new name and address – CaroMade!
- Post one new listing on CaroMade every month.
- Do a creative retreat – either an organized one, or organize my own!
- Get more chickens.
- Get back on my daily chore schedule! Our house neeeeeeeds it!
Go to Disneyland!Yes! We took Alma there with my cousin and his family. So perfect.
- Go to a Broadway musical – it will more than likely be on tour, but it will count and it will be amazing.
- Hike 35 miles. Or maybe 35 kilometers might be more attainable.
- Get the trailer set up and go on bike rides with the girls.
- Rent a limo. I’m thinking wine tasting, or Christmas lights?
- Make and sew a huge cushion for our hearth.
- Get chairs recovered.
- Get estimates to get our house painted.
- Set up some good seasonal capsule wardrobes.
- 5 Days of Christmas crafts on the blog.
- Get going on a creative, relaxing morning routine.
- More author interviews on the blog.
Plant a tree,or lots of trees.
- Take a class. Sewing? Cooking? Writing?
- Sew some clothing for me.
- Make art of Alma’s and Harriet’s rooms.
Go to the Country Fair.
- Go camping.
- Build a sandcastle or a snowman.