Here’s a really good recipe for you to try! It feeds one toddler and one mommy. Maybe more if your toddler doesn’t eat spoonfuls of the flour mixture. You can double it if you have another parent or toddler who will be eating with you.
Here are the directions (more detailed directions and ingredients can be found at the end of the post):
Mix ingredients. These are pancakes, so it doesn’t really take a lot a skills.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup eggnog (I used light eggnog, but I suppose you could use regular)
- 1 egg
- 1Tbs oil
- Get a toddler. You can skip this step if you want.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Try to stop your toddler from eating spoonfuls of flour and baking soda and salt. Gross. You can also skip this step, especially if you skipped step one.
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir well.
- Cook pancakes on hot griddle until bubbles form and pop.
- Flip and finish cooking.
- Eat. We ate them plain, but I bet they would be good with your favorite pancake toppings. Especially whipped cream and a little nutmeg.