Couldn’t we all use a luxurious, exfoliating, moisturizing addition to our shower routine? This essential oil sugar scrub is seriously the best stuff ever. I’ve made it before with just sugar and oil, but adding the essential oils this time really takes it from wow to WOWZERS THIS IS AMAZING.
This couldn’t be easier to make. It is just a few ingredients, and comes together in less than five minutes, no joke. And, get this, everything you need is probably in your kitchen right now. Which makes it easy, cheap, and edible. No harsh chemicals or things you can’t pronounce. Just good, clean, delicious smelling fun!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (you could use white sugar if you wanted)
- 1/2 cup carrier oil – I like a mix of 1/4 cup sweet almond oil and 1/4 cup coconut oil; this makes it smooth and creamy.
- 5-10 drops of your favorite essential oil (see below for some combinations and ideas!)
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. I find that using a mixer helps ensure that all the oils and sugar get fully incorporated – this is especially helpful if you’re using coconut oil that is solid.
Pour into an jar and screw on a lid. Use a good scoop in the shower to exfoliate your skin and lock in moisture. Tip: do this near the beginning of the shower because the oils can make the shower floor slippery. I find that if I do it in the beginning, by the end of the shower all the oils have rinsed away with my soap and shampoo, and the next person who gets in won’t slip and slide all around.
Essential oil ideas:
- Energizing Citrus Fresh, Sacred Mountain, Frankincense.
- Calming Lavender, Release, Gratitude, Stress Away.
- Fresh Purification, Lemon, Grapefruit, Lemongrass.
Please let me know if you have any questions! I’d be happy to suggest some other oils, or help you get started with essential oils if you don’t know where to begin!
Head over to my Instagram account for a giveaway of some of this sugar scrub! This part three of my 36 Things for 36 Years project. I’m giving away 36 things this year, and this week will be a whole week of oily giveaways! Details on how to enter here!