This has taken me so long. I think I bought the fabric last summer when we moved Harriet into a big bed. Then I started sewing in October. Then I finished the quilt top in the winter. Then I quilted it in the spring. I finally got about to binding this past weekend and Harriet was so happy and excited. I am too.
I used the same pattern as I did with Alma’s big quilt. But, again I had to modify it. I wanted to try the color gradation, but that was only designed for queen sized quilts. I had to put on my thinking hat, do some math, and hope for the best. It actually worked out just right and I really love the finished effect.
I used the same color scheme as I did with Alma’s quilt, but it is mostly different fabrics. I love these scrappy quilts because it’s fun to use fabrics with sentimental value and find cute little quirky fabrics – I like the idea of the quilts being like eye-spy books with hidden things. Harriet’s favorites are the pink mermaid tails scattered throughout the quilt.
Here’s a photo of the front of the quilt:
And the back. I love making quilt backs more interesting than just a big expanse of fabric: