Last year, on my birthday, I made a list of 35 things that I wanted to do before I turned 35. Tomorrow I turn 35, and I wanted to look back at my 35th year and the things I accomplished.
- Read a book a month. I didn’t really keep track, but I’m sure I read more than twelve books.
- Sign up for life insurance. Didn’t do this, but we do get life insurance through Jesse’s job. I’m not sure if we should pay for supplemental insurance.
- Try a Barre3 class. I didn’t do this, but I took some yoga classes, and started going to the Rec Center on campus.
- Get a monthly massage. Sadly, I didn’t even get one massage.
- Try acupuncture. I still want to try this.
Get a haircut. I’ve gotten a couple, and even cut my own bangs recently. Now I’m wanting a long, choppy bob to go with the new bangs.
- Try 5 recipes from my new cookbook! I’ve made lots of things from this book.
- Spend a weekend at the beach. I just missed this one – I’m going to the beach for the weekend next month.
- Spend a weekend in the mountains. I did this a few times – camping and in Sunriver and Bend.
- Can something. Peaces, barbeque sauce, sweet and sour sauce, spettighetti sauce, Uncle Chet’s dill pickles.
- Get our garden going again. Still getting there…
- Focus on getting my Etsy shop going. Note: It has a new name and address – CaroMade! Still getting there…
- Post one new listing on CaroMade every month. Not quite…
- Do a creative retreat – either an organized one, or organize my own! We almost have this scheduled. It will probably have to wait until late spring or summer since we’re planning it in the mountains and none of the people going like to drive in the snow.
- Get more chickens. We now have 9, and some are even laying again!
- Get back on my daily chore schedule! Still in process…
- Go to Disneyland. We took Alma last spring and it was magic.
- Go to a Broadway musical. We saw Book of Mormon and it was incredible.
- Hike 35 miles. Nope.
- Get the trailer set up and go on bike rides with the girls. We did this a few times.
- Rent a limo. Nope.
- Make and sew a huge cushion for our hearth. I didn’t do this, but I did paint the fireplace white and I love it.
- Get chairs recovered. They seriously need this, but we haven’t done it yet.
- Get estimates to get our house painted. This summer.
- Set up some good seasonal capsule wardrobes. I ended up Kon-Mari-ing everything and don’t really have enough for this. I want to try it again, though.
- 5 Days of Christmas crafts on the blog. So much fun. I loved it.
- Get going on a creative, relaxing morning routine. I’m not sure this is for me. Maybe I’ll try again this summer when the sun rises earlier.
- More author interviews on the blog. I want to get back to this.
- Plant a tree. A pear tree.
- Take a class. I’ve done things to renew my license, but I haven’t taken a creative class.
- Sew some clothing for me. A couple Beatrix shirts.
- Make art for Alma’s and Harriet’s rooms. Harriet’s name in felt.
- Go to the Country Fair. So much fun.
- Go camping. We went up the McKenzie and it was lovely.
- Build a sandcastle or a snowman. Both. Sand in Coronado, snow in Sunriver.
21/35 isn’t bad! Here’s to next year… More on my plans for 36 coming tomorrow!
36 Things for 36 Years -
[…] about what I want to do to prepare for my 36th birthday next year. Last year, I had my list of 35 things to do. I liked that, but I’m ready for something […]