Last week I tried my hand at making an easy cassoulet. I didn’t like how it turned out, so I’m not sharing the recipe quite yet. I might try to tweak it so it’s more to my taste, then again, maybe I won’t. I did get to use some of the beans I prepared last Monday. I also got to use some of the carrots that are still in my garden from last summer.
Unfortunately, I had to dig them out as they were covered in snow.
I had my trusty assistant, again! This is kind of blurry, but she was so cute and happy I had to include her!
The cassoulet looked pretty and tasty, but it was lacking something. The flavors weren’t very strong, so I might try a spicier sausage or really amp up the herbs next time.
It’s always fun to try new recipes, even when they don’t turn out! It just makes me want to figure out what went wrong and try again!